Inside: Baby shower charades ideas that will make everyone gush.
Have an expectant friend or family member? A baby shower is the perfect way to celebrate the new arrival! If you’re looking for some fun activities to keep things lively, why not try some charades?
Charades are a classic party game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, and they’re especially well-suited for baby showers (even virtual showers!), since they don’t require too much energy or physical activity.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of 39 baby shower charades ideas. Some are classic games with a baby twist, while others are entirely new. Either way, they’re sure to get your guests laughing and having a good time!
Make sure to set some rules before playing, such as a time limit for each charade and whether or not props are allowed.
You can also make things more challenging by having players act out multiple charades in a row, or by prohibiting speaking entirely.
Fun and Easy Baby Charades Challenges
These fun challenges will get your guests thinking and acting quickly! Players with experience acting or improvising will have an advantage, but anyone can try their hand at these.
- Bottle Feeding — The player pretends to bottle feed an imaginary baby.
- Burping — The player pats their shoulder and makes a “burping” sound.
- Changing a Diaper — The player takes off an imaginary diaper and puts a new one on.
- Washing a Baby — The player pretends to wash an imaginary baby in a sink or bathtub.
- Dressing a Baby — The player pretends to put clothes on an imaginary baby.
- Taking a Baby for a Walk — The player holds their arms out and walks around the room.
- Rocking a Baby to Sleep — The player rocks back and forth with their eyes closed.
- Playing “Peek-a-Boo” — The player covers their eyes with their hands and then uncovers them.
- Taking Baby’s Temperature— The player puts an imaginary thermometer in their mouth and looks at it.
- Reading a Children’s Book — The player reads from an imaginary children’s book.
Classic Baby Shower Charades Challenges
Having a baby is a life-changing event, so it’s no surprise that many classic charades challenges can be given a baby twist. These ideas are perfect for guests of all ages.
- Baby Food Guesses — The player has to act out different types of baby food. Some examples include pureed peas, applesauce, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, etc.
- Things That Go — The player makes the noises of things that go, such as a car, train, or bicycle.
- Baby Milestones — The player tries to act out different baby milestones, such as taking their first steps or saying their first word.
- Nursery Rhymes — The player tries to act out different nursery rhymes, such as “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, “Jack and Jill” or “Mary Had a Little Lamb.”
- Famous Parents — The player tries to act out famous parents, such as Beyonce and Jay-Z or Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
- Cartoon Characters — The player tries to act out popular cartoon characters, such as Mickey Mouse or SpongeBob SquarePants.
Challenging Baby Shower Charades Ideas
Take it up a notch with these challenging charades ideas that will put your guests’ acting skills to the test!
- Lamaze breathing — The player has to act out Lamaze breathing. This is a technique that is often used during childbirth to help manage pain.
- Car Seat Installation — The player has to act out installing a car seat.
- Doctor Appointment — The player has to act out a doctor appointment, including pretending to take the baby’s temperature and heart rate.
- Giving Birth — The player has to act out giving birth, either naturally or via C-section.
- Swaddling a Baby — The player has to act out swaddling a baby.
- Putting Baby in a Crib — The player has to act out putting a baby in a crib.
- Potty Training — The player has to act out potty training a baby.
- Breastfeeding — The player has to act out breastfeeding a baby.
- Famous Babies — The player has to act out famous babies, such as Blue Ivy Carter or Prince George.
More Charades Challenges
Looking for more baby shower charades challenges? Check out these ideas that will have your guests laughing and thinking on their feet.
- What to Pack in a Diaper Bag — The player has to act out different items that might be packed in a diaper bag, such as bottles, diapers, wipes, and snacks.
- Arguing Over Baby Names — The player has to act out a couple arguing over baby names.
- Grandparents — The player has to act out grandparents, such as a grandma playing with her grandchild or a grandpa taking care of the baby.
- Baby Shower — The player has to act out a baby shower, including opening gifts, cutting the cake, and taking photos.
- Baby and Pet — The player has to act out a baby and pet, such as a baby playing with a kitten or a puppy.
- Sleeping Baby — The player has to act out a sleeping baby.
- Crying Baby — The player has to act out a crying baby.
Baby Shower Ideas For Big Groups
If you’re throwing a baby shower and have a large group of guests, try these fun baby shower charades ideas that will be sure to entertain everyone.
- Baby Announcement – The player has to act out making a baby announcement.
- Pregnancy Cravings – The player has to act out different pregnancy cravings, such as ice cream, pickles, or cake.
- Nursery – The player has to act out a nursery, including the crib, changing table, and rocking chair.
- Pregnancy Test – The player has to act out taking a pregnancy test.
- Maternity Clothes – The player has to act out wearing maternity clothes, including a dress, pants, or shirt.
- Babymoon – The player has to act out going on a babymoon, which is a vacation that is taken during pregnancy.
- Gender Reveal Party – The player has to act out a gender reveal party, including revealing the baby’s gender to the guests.
More Fun Game Ideas You’ll Love
- 13 Fun Wii Party Games If you’ve got a Wii, throw a party! It’s a great way for a super entertaining and competitive game night. This is a list of 13 ideas for your Wii game night, including competitive games, music and dance games, and games to make you all laugh.
- Free Printable Games For Kids Whether you’re a parent or a teacher, entertaining kids for long periods of time can be stressful and expensive. You may have already purchased every toy or game possible, but if you have run out of ideas, don’t worry. This is a long list of free printable games that will be fun and educational for your little ones.
- 27 Fun Trivia Games For Parties If everyone’s already learned all there is to know about the United States Constitution, try your hand at one of these trivia games, with topics for all interests, including sports, pop culture, history, television, science, and even murder! Some of these are games that you can purchase and others are printable or easily accessible online. There are even virtual game options for long-distance players.