Inside: The best hotel party games for adults to curb boredom.
I was out of town with some friends last week, and when we settled into our hotel, we realized that we had nothing to do. There was nothing good on TV; there was nothing near the hotel to experience…all we had was our phones. We wanted something that we could do together since it was a girl’s trip.
So together, we decided to brainstorm. With the help of my friends and amazon…we were able to come up with some of the most fun hotel party games for adults. Throughout our weekend we played these games, and we had a BLAST!
So I figured I would share some of the games we played, along with some others that we didn’t get to (yet).
I hope these help you to curb your hotel boredom the same way they did with my friends and me. Take a look and see which ones sound fun for you!
Table of Contents
Free Hotel Party Games for Adults
For this first list, I figured we could start with some free hotel game ideas. My friends and I played most of the ones of this list. These are ones that you can play with only a few pieces of paper(if that), so if you clicked on this article when you were already bored in your hotel room…do not worry. Choose one of these, and your boredom will be no more.
1. Truth or Dare – This is a classic one, and I know it can feel a little childish, but I promise you that it’s much more fun as an adult. I just urge you not to dare anyone to run around outside naked because you are an adult now…and you can be charged for that.
2. Spin the Bottle Dare – This is a dare edition of spin the bottle. Before you spin the bottle, a dare is chosen. You say it out loud and then spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle lands on has to do that dare, or there will be repercussions. This is a fun one. The more people, the better.
3. Movie Drinking Games – If there actually IS something good on tv…make a drinking game out of it. This works best with classic or iconic movies because you know the lines and the plot well. For example, if Clueless is on, everyone has to take a drink when someone says fetch.
4. Adult Slumber Party – For this, you will need to get face masks and nail polish and prepare to tell some spooky stories. All jokes aside, think about the things that you would love to do with your friends. Really get your pampering on, watch some movies, and play truth or dare. You know, just be teens again.
5. Pop Culture Charades – Playing charades is a hilarious way to spend your free time when staying in a hotel…especially if you are there with your friends. So out your heads together and come up with some pop culture references to mime out and get to it.
6. Hide and Seek – This one can be so much fun because you get to feel like a kid again. You get to feel the kind of giddy excitement that this game illicits and I am here for it. Try it and see what I am talking about.
7. Guess the Drink – Have the player put on a blindfold and put different drinks in front of them. Have them try each one to guess what they are, if they get it right, they get the point. The person who has the most points at the end, wins.
8. Pictionary – I know, this is a classic game…but its a forever winner. Imagine charades but with fast drawing instead. You are sure to have many good laughs and fun times with this one.
9. Beer Pong – You will need red solo cups for this, but other than that I am guessing you know how to play.
10. Kiss, Marry, Kill – The actual name of this game is a little more PG, but I figure you know what I mean. This one can be hilarious when you play with friends. You can choose celebrities or people you know.
Hotel Party Games to Buy
Here are some hotel party games for adults that you can buy. These are perfect if you don’t feel like putting a lot of thought into planning your games and you just want to buy one already prepared. When it comes to going out of town, you already have so many other things to plan out, like what to pack…what to do. Save yourself some time. These look like a blast!
11. Cards Against Humanity
12. Skin Deep Party Game
13. Death by Captions
14. These Card Games Will Get You Drink
15. Drawing Without Dignity
16. 5 Second Rule
17. You Laugh You Drink
18. Off Topic
19. Girls Night Out
20. Drop Cup
Hotel Drinking Games for Adults
Whenever we think of adult games, alcohol typically comes to mind. Now don’t get me wrong, you don’t really need alcohol to have a good time. But it does help! So I figured I would gather a list of some of the most fun drinking games that you can bring with you and play while you are at a hotel.
These are all loads of fun, and the more people you play with…the better!
21. Drunk Jenga
22. Hook and Ring Game
23. Totally Tober
24. Drinking Roulette
25. Drunk Dice
27. Drunk Stoned Or Stupid
28. One Minute Party Games
29. Beer Pressure
30. Dunzo Party Game
Printable Party Games
If you think that you would like some writing games, then you will love this list. I have gathered some of the cutest adult printable games you can buy. The beauty of these babies is how affordable they are. They are all under $10, and they can be loads of fun.
You can make them into a drinking game if you like. With a little bit of brainstorming, anything can be a drinking game! So take a look at these and get to thinkin.
31. Ladies Night Out Printable
32. Adults Only Trivia
33. Adult Birthday Party Games
34. Me Or You Game
35. Let’s Talk Numbers
36. Dirty Minds Party Game
37. Escape Room
38. Dirty Pictionary Hilarious Game
39. What’s On Your Phone
40. Wine Tasting ScoreBoard
41. Drinking Game Bundle
So what do you think? Did any of these games spark your interest? I hope so! I have played many of the ones in the first list, but it is my goal to work my way through these slowly. I love going out of town, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I hope you found this article helpful and that these games help you to have even more fun in your hotel rooms than you would have without them. It is all about spending time with the people you love, and games are one of the best ways to have fun in a group setting. So it just fits! Parties for adults can sometimes feel so confusing because you want to have fun, but you don’t know what to do. I hope these gave you some direction!
If you are looking for some more party-drinking games, we have some great ideas.