Inside: Spectacular virtual happy hour games that will make your time at home fly by
It’s no secret that our world is changing. Just a couple of years ago we were in lockdown during COVID, and that shift has had some seriously large ripple effects into the lives that we live.
You never know when you are going to need to social distance again, so I love that people are getting creative with the way that they interact with the outside world when it happens. Whether you work from home or if you were exposed to COVID and are waiting out the quarantine days, I want to share with you some of my favorite ways to pass the time when stuck at home.
Let me introduce you to virtual happy hour games! You can do this with your friends or your work buddies, and all you need is your laptop, your phone, and of course, some booze. Obviously, do not drink if you are sick. But if you are just trying to connect with people from a safe distance, then this is the best way to go!
I cover everything from game show party games to personal questions to keep the conversation going. Take a look.
Virtual Happy Hour Games for Large Groups
First up, I wanted to show you some fun virtual happy hour games that are perfect for larger groups. Whether you are on zoom, facetime, or other kinds of video chatting service, these are all perfect games to play! Obviously, nothing surpasses connecting with people in person, but this is a close second.
1. Heads Up!
2. Words with Friends
3. Among Us
5. Cards Against Humantiy
7. Disney Song Game – You have someone play a snippet of a disney song off of youtube, just a second or two of it, and you have to guess what it is based on the sound bite.
8. Name That Show Game – You have to take turns explaining the plot to certain well-known shows, but in a completely fun way. For example, If you were trying to explain the plot of Nemo, you would say something like, “Single father’s son gets abducted and he goes on a mission to save him with the help of a woman with memory issues.”
9. Murder Mystery Games
10. Solve a Good Old Fashion Mystery
12. Gartic Phone
14. Play Guess Who
15. Play 8 Ball On Cell Phones
16. Draw with Friends
18. Trivia Crack
20. 4 Pics One Word – You have 4 pictures that go together to make one word. Try and guess what it is!
Free Happy Hour Games On Zoom
Next up, I have some free happy hour games to play on zoom. I know that being on your computer isn’t as nice as being outside(though I do have some wonderful games to play at the park here). I am assuming(it took everything in me not to say azooming) you are going to be on zoom for most of these virtual happy hours, so the games below are going to work perfectly. What makes them even better is that they are FREE! I will explain the more obscure ones like I did above.
21. Truth Or Dare
22. 21 Questions
23. 20 Questions
24. Never Have I Ever
26. Read My Lips – Everyone picks a partner and then you take turns muting yourself. While you are on mute, you have to say a sentence and the other person has to try and guess what you are saying.
27. Prank Calls
28. Guess the Movie
30. Simon Says
31. Who Am I?
32. Two Truths, One Lie
33. Quick Crafters – You have one-minute challenges to see what you can make out of the supplies that are around you.
34. Phone Vs Phone – See which person has the most photos, songs, etc. Have everyone compare their most recent photo, song, etc.
35. Make Your Own Meme – Show random photos and everyone has to come up with their own funny context.
36. Tongue Twisters – Something that I have found to be really fun is to try and do tongue twisters when you are drunk!
37. Drink If…
38. Would You Rather
39. Drunk Virtual Dice – There are virtual dice games online that you can play with your friend.
40. Coin Flip Bet – This is super simple, but it’s fun. You can all take turns betting on whether or not the virtual coin will be heads or toes.
Fun Conversation Questions
If you want to use this happy hour to get closer to your co-workers or friends, then you should ask some of the questions below. These will help to make your conversation lively and fun while you get to know the people on the other side of the screen.
41. What is your favorite food?
42. What is your most recently downloaded song?
43. What is your least favorite thing about work?
44. What is your go to drink?
45. How many times how you thought about quitting your job?
46. Do you like Marvel or DC?
47. Have you seen all of the Star Wars Movies?
48. Would you consider yourself a Disney Adult?
49. Cats or Dogs?
50. What is your dream vacation?
51. What makes you laugh the hardest?
52. What is a haircut that you are too scared to get?
53. Would you ever get tattoos?
54. Can you keep plants alive?
55. Sweet or salty…and why?
56. Do you like to go out into nature or stay inside?
57. What is your most recent obsession
58. What makes you smile every day?
59. What is your favorite thing about our friendship?
Virtual Happy Hour Trivia Questions
If trivia is your game, then check out the list below. It’s full of some awesome trivia questions to kick off your match! This stuff is just fun to know.
60. When Walt Disney was a child, which character did he play in his school function?
Answer: Peter Pan
61. How long do elephant pregnancies last?
Answer: 22 Months
62. Which of Newton’s Laws states that ‘for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction?
Answer: The third Law of motion
63. In public places in the state of Florida, what’s illegal to do when wearing a swimsuit?
64. Which country borders 14 nations and crosses 8 time zones?
65. “Stars and Stripes” is the nickname of the flag of which country?
Answer: The United States
66. Which is the only American Football team to go a whole season undefeated, including the Super Bowl?
Answer: Miami Dolphins
67. What were the four main characters’ names in the TV series “Golden Girls” that ran from 1985-1992?
Answer: Dorothy, Rose, Blanche, and Sophia
68. What is the most consumed manufactured drink in the world?
69. What does “www” stand for in a website browser?
Answer: World Wide Web
I hope that you loved these Virtual happy hour game ideas and that you are now super stoked to sign into your zoom! There are even more games that you can play, so if you come up with something yourself, just add it to your list!
Drinking alone is never fun, so why not make it a blast with a virtual happy hour? It’s more fun and better on your wallet than a bar, and you don’t have to worry about Ubering home. I think this is a triple win. Especially if you are stuck in quarantine or if you work from home.
Yes, this world is getting…interesting. But there are so many different ways that we can adapt and make it better for ourselves. This is just one of many! If you want some help planning a virtual game party night, check this out.