Inside: My Favorite Birthday Party Games for 10-Year-Olds.
There is nothing better than seeing my kids laughing and playing with their friends – especially in the digital age we live in, with many tweens and teens spending so much time on their phones and other electronic devices.
I am sure you will agree that there is no better time to get them off the screens and having fun together than a birthday party filled with laughter and forever memories.
Here is a list of the best Birthday Party Games for 10-Year-Olds that I’ve used and loved over the years.
Our Favorite Birthday Party Games for 10-Year-Olds
Roll a Sundae: You’ll need to choose six different sundae toppings – things like whipped cream, chocolate or strawberry topping, marshmallows, sour worms, sprinkles, mini M&Ms, etc – and you’ll need a bowl of ice cream for each person and a dice.
Before starting, allocate one number of the dice for each topping, then the kids take turns to roll the dice and they add the topping rolled to their sundae. You can keep going around, adding toppings, for as many rounds as you like. Then it’s time to eat!
Balloon Stomp: Have guests take off their shoes before playing. Each player will need an inflated balloon tie to a short piece of string and then tied around one ankle. On ‘go’ players attempt to stomp on (and pop) each of the other balloons, while trying to protect their own – no hands allowed. The last person with an inflated balloon tied to their ankle wins.
Hanging Donuts Game: To play, tie a length of rope above head height between two trees or poles. Thread a piece of ribbon through the hole in each donut and then tie the ribbon to the rope so that the donut is hanging just above mouth level. On a start signal, each player tries to eat their donut – no hands allowed.
Birthday Games for 10-Year-Olds
Grape in Flour: You will need a plate, flour, a knife, and some grapes. Put one grape balanced on top of a mountain of flour. Each child has to take a turn to slice away chunks of flour without knocking the grape. The loser who knocks the grape ends up with their face pushed into flour!
Wink Assassin: Everybody sits in a circle. One person is nominated to be It and moves away from the circle while everyone else decides who the ‘murderer’ will be. ‘It’ is called back to stand in the circle. The ‘murderer’ winks at one person in the circle at a time (trying to do it without ‘It’ seeing). When someone has been winked at, they pretend to die dramatically! ‘It’ has to try to deduce who the murderer is. Once they guess, the murderer becomes the next ‘It’ and the game starts over.
Would You Rather: This game can get quite fun, especially if you start it off with some gruesome questions. In my experience, kids this age love silly, stinky, and somewhat gross questions! Here are a few of my favorite would you rather questions.
- Would you rather… eat a slug or lick a snail?
- Would you rather… live in a damp cave or a windy treetop?
- Would you rather… kiss a frog or eat a toad?
Pre-Teen Birthday Party Games
Cookie Face: You will need one cookie per player. Each player has to place a cookie on their forehead and using only their facial muscles get the cookie into their mouth in under one minute. Oh, and to make it even more interesting… no hands!
Finding the Gummy Bears: Think of the game bobbing for apples. However, instead of a bucket of water, you use a plate of whip cream and instead of apples, use gummy bears. And similarly to bobbing for apples, players must have their hands behind their backs.
Pass the Fruit: This is a fun game that utilizes teamwork again. You grab a piece of fruit, whether an apple, orange, lime, or something else. The purpose of the game is to get that fruit from one player all the way to the other end of the line. What makes this so fun (and difficult!) is the fact that you are not allowed to use your hands in any way to pass the fruit. Great fun and results in tons of laughs.
More Games You’ll Love
- Cool Board Games for Teens – One of my personal favorite past times as a teenager is getting all my friends together, usually it was at my house, having a bunch of snacks and playing board games all night! We all laughed and created some of the best memories together. One of my biggest hopes is that my kids one day do the same. I will totally bribe them with the best treats to make sure it happens! 😉 These totally cool board games for teenagers are perfect for their next game night.
- Party Games for Teens – Throwing a big bash for a bunch of teens can be a little crazy! Trying to impress teenagers can be tough! There are so many different things to think about when planning a party. From the food, guest, goodies, and GAMES! Lucky for you we have come up with the absolute best list of party games for teenagers!
- Limbo Party Games – How low can you go? All the way to the floor? The lower you go the higher the chances of winning this fun Limbo party game! Now all there is to do is add a few leis and some fun limbo music and you have one heck of a party! I love throwing a fun themed party, like this Luau Party, which this Limbo party game is PERFECT for. See how to play the perfect Limbo game and some great tips to make even more fun!