Inside: Photo scavenger hunt prompts that will brighten up your day.
Scavenger hunts are a classic game that has been around for generations. With all this new technology, finding new ways to revamp the classics is a fun little challenge that I like to incorporate into my game planning.
You can see this done with board games when they put out a special edition with a new theme (like super Mario). Another example of this is turning an escape room into a VIRTUAL escape room so you can play in the comfort of your own home.
There are so many ways that you can reimagine the games of our past, and my favorite way to do this with scavenger hunts is to add a camera. I don’t mean like hiding a camera; I mean USING a camera as a way to caption what you are looking for.
To play a photo scavenger hunt, you will have a list of things to take photos of, and after you find and take a photo of that thing, you can cross it off. In the end, you show your photos as proof of finding that item.
To get you started, I have made a list of fun photo scavenger hunt prompts you can group together and use as your scavenger list. Take a look and add the things you think will work for you. Oh, and have loads of fun!
Nature Based Photo Scavenger Hunt Prompts
First, up is a classic, nature-themed hunt! Nature is one of my favorite themes for a scavenger hunt because they get you outside and in the moment. Take a look through this scavenger hunt prompts to see which ones you may want to add to your own list. There are tons here, but feel free to add more if any come to your mind.
1. Take a photo of a tree.
2. Take a photo of a Yellow Flower.
3. Take a photo of something in nature that naturally has the color black.
4. Take a photo of a rose.
5. Take a photo of a source of water.
6. Take a photo of a purple flower.
7. Take a photo of something growing through cement. Nature persists!
8. Take a photo of moss.
9. Take a photo of a stack of rocks.
10. Take a photo of a reflection in water.
11. Take a photo of a leaf. Extra point if its mid fall.
12. Take a photo of a stick.
13. Take a photo of a weed.
14. Take a photo of a colorful meadow.
15. Take a photo of a bumble bee.
16. Take a photo of a swing in a tree.
17. Take a photo of something you think is beautiful.
Mall Photo Prompts
If you are planning on going to the mall, you can keep your kids busy with a mall themed photo scavenger hunt. Not only are these free, but they can be lots of fun. It helps kids and teens to be more aware of their surroundings. Plus malls can be one of the best places for a scavenger hunt because there are so many more options for items and prompts that are just begging to be found.
18. Take a photo of a pretzel shop.
19. Take a photo of a Mannequin wearing clothes.
20. Take a photo of a hilarious shirt.
21. Take a photo of a sale item.
22. Take a photo of someone eating a treat.
23. Take a photo of a unique store.
24. Take a photo of an animal.
25. Take a photo of something to play on.
26. Take a photo of something you really want.
27. Take a photo of someone wearing something pink.
29. Take a photo of a pair of sunglasses.
30. Take a photo of something beautiful.
31. Take a photo of a painting.
32. Take a photo of a book about cooking.
33. Take a photo of something that doesn’t quite fit in.
34. Take a photo of a happy family.
35. Take a photo of a shopping bag.
36. Take a photo of a taco.
37. Take a photo of an exit sign.
Indoor Photo Prompts
On rainy days, your kids may be prone to boredom. As a result, they will have their face glued to the TV all day. If you want to avoid this(or if you have simply watched all the good stuff on TV and need something new), then I would recommend this indoor photo scavenger hunt theme.
This hunt will help your children to appreciate the small things in their life.
They will notice things around the house that have gone overlooked. This can be very powerful and loads of fun!
38. Take a photo of a shadow.
39. Take a photo of a reflection.
40. Take a photo of a beautiful corner in your house.
41. Take a photo of someone you love.
42. Take a photo of a plant.
43. Take a photo of your favorite thing under your roof.
44. Take a photo of a book.
45. Take a photo of a photo.
46. Take a photo of something that is funny.
47. Take a photo of your favorite light source.
48. Take a photo of the comfiest place in your house.
49. Take a photo of an ice cycle.
50. Take a photo of an animal.
Animal Photo Scavenger Hunt Prompts
If you have an animal lover for a child, then perhaps an animal-themed scavenger hunt is the theme for you! This one will help you to spend some extra time outdoors, finding these awesome animals.
If you live in a big city where some of these animals are harder to find, just adjust and come up with some ideas that you and your group will be able to accomplish. Regardless, get ready for a day of cuteness.
51. Take a photo of a deer.
52. Take a photo of a caterpillar.
53. Take a photo of an orange cat.
54. Take a photo of the cutest animal that you can find.
55. Take a photo of an animal that makes you laugh.
56. Take a photo of a red bird flying.
57. Take a photo of a hummingbird eating.
58. Take a photo of an old dog sleeping in the sun.
59. Take a photo of a butterfly resting on a flower.
60. Take a photo of a peaceful animal.
61. Take a photo of a baby animal.
62. Take a photo of an animal that makes you happy.
63. Take a photo of a fish.
I hope you found this photo scavenger hunt prompt list helpful and that you loved some of the ideas you found here. Playing games like these is an awesome way to get your kids to appreciate the world around them in new ways. Plus, they are loads of fun.
If you want to start incorporating more games like these, then we have to get you covered. Games are sort of our forte, so we have lots of recommendations. The more games you play in your life, the happier you are. This is a fact.
Scavenger hunts will be the tip of the iceberg for you; just wait and see. After having so much fun, you will make it a weekly goal to get your brain off of the digital world and spend some time in this one with the people you love. That is the art of games!