Inside: Best Nature scavenger hunt ideas with printable options.
Nature is calling, and you need to answer the phone. It’s telling you to have a Nature scavenger hunt! I think that the most time we all spend outside, the better off we are. And this is backed by science.
It’s well known that sunshine gives us Vitamin D, which helps lessen depression and anxiety, as well as so many other benefits. But connecting to the earth by spending time with it also has similar effects.
So if you want to go outside, but need something to do while you are out there, then you have found the right article my friend.
I have compiled some of the cutest Nature Scavenger Hunt ideas and printables for you to look through. These are super simple and lots of fun. They help you to get your nose out of your phone and be present and in the moment. So check these out!
Table of Contents
Printable Nature Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Getting out into nature doesn’t have to be boring, it can be loads of fun. Having a scavenger hunt is just one way, but there are many others as well. If you don’t want to DIY your own hunt, that is totally okay. This is the list for you! Here I have some of the best pre-made printable nature Easter savenger hunt ideas that you can look through.
See which one you like the most!
1. Printable Simple Checklist – You don’t need your checklist to be all extravagant for you guys to have a good time. In fact, it’s quite the opposite! There are so many good ideas on this simple list; you have to check it out.
2. Cute Fall-Themed Nature – I have a few different options on this list for fall-themed scavenger hunts, so if you are in fall when you are reading this, then this is the hunt for you.
3. Nature-Based Hunt Idea – I know I said you don’t need your scavenger hunt to look a certain way to have fun, and I stand by that, but isn’t this just too cute to say no to?
4. Autumn Walk List – Every year during fall, I like to take what I like to call my ‘fall walk.’ On this walk, I try and find as many different colors of falling leaves as I can. It’s a great way to connect with the space around you!
5. Illustrative Scavenger Hunt Idea – If you are going to take any little kids on this scavenger hunt, then perhaps you would benefit from a paper that has photos for them to look at. This is easier for them than having to read.
6. Simple Word and Photo Checklist – I love the simple word and photo checklists like this because it makes it so easy to get outside and connect. Take a look at this idea to see if it’s the one for you.
7. Soft-Looking Printable Hunt – I think this hunt is super cute. You need to take a look at this one, I think we have found ourselves a winner here. What do you think?
8. 25 Item Printable Hunt – This list has 25 items for you to find on it. So if you wanted a bit more of a challenge, I think this is a great way to go. I would say that this would probably take about an hour or two to find everything. So make a little afternoon out of it!
9. Adorable Decorated Fall Hunt – I know there are a lot of fall-themed printable hunts on this list, but It’s only because they are the cutest and a must-see.
10. Black and White Simple Idea – If you have looked through all of these ideas and felt that the frills were too much, then take a look at this simple black-and-white scavenger hunt idea.
11. Cute Fall Card Ideas – I think that individual fall cards are one of the cutest options you can go with. You will have to have one adult be the keeper of the cards but it’s just so much fun to be able to pull them one at a time!
12. Thanksgiving Walk Hunt – Thanksgiving scavenger hunts are one of my all-time favorite traditions that I do with my family. It helps us to get out of the house and kitchen to spend some time together getting fresh air.
13. The Great Turkey Escape – Yep, this is an epic Thanksgiving hunt idea that I think you will love. Take a look at it and imagine how fun this will be.
14. Autumnal-Themed Hunt with Photos – This scavenger hunt idea is one of my favorites because it’s just so cute. I think having the photos to help the kids find exactly what they are looking for is a great tool for you to use. Take a look!
15. Adorable Fall Themed Idea – And lastly, here we have one of my favorite ideas on this list. I know that it’s simple, but I am just in love.
Nature Scavenger Hunt Ideas
Now, if you want to DIY your own scavenger hunt, I thought you could use some ideas to help jump-start your process. These are some of the cutest things that you can add to your list. You can either collect these things when you are on the hunt, or you can take photos. I suggest the latter…otherwise, you are going to carry around little lizards and bugs. No, thank you.
16. Find a Heart Shaped Rock
17. Find a Rainbow
18. Find a little lizard
19. Find a cloud shaped like a duck
20. Find a fallen leaf
21. Find a four-leaf clover
22. Find animal tracks
23. Find a lady bug
24. Find a dragonfly
25. Find a butterfly
26. Find a mushroom
27. Find a big puddle
Cute Things to Add to Your List
I think that each of these things I added to this list deserves your attention just as much as anything else. I think that is the whole point of scavenger hunts like this is to pay attention to things that you normally wouldn’t. So go, look at the red flowers and the bluebirds. They are more interesting than they appear.
28. Find natural berries
29. Find a red flower
30. Find a yellow flower
31. Find a blue flower
32. Find a red bird
33. Find a blue bird
34. Find a black bird
35. Find a walking stick
36. Find a vine plant
37. Find a red rock
38. Find a slug
39. Find a snail
40. Find a tree stump
41. Find a river
And there you have it, over 40 of the best nature scavenger hunt ideas for you to get your naturalist on. Honestly, this can be for kids and adults alike because I think we are all a little guilty of not paying attention to the world around us.
I think that you will find this hunt fun, and afterward, you will feel refreshed and positive. It’s kind of hard to feel negative while you are out in nature. Especially while you hang out with your little ones, like moving at a different pace out there, and I think we could all benefit from living more at that pace.
If you loved this scavenger hunt, we have so many more ideas that will be right up your alley. So check them out, and see what fun day you want to plan next.