Inside: Memorial Day Games that you can print at school or home for hosting an easy & fun party.
Memorial Day is a day that is spent remembering those who have given their lives in service to our country. It takes place on the last Monday in May, many people will hold parties and BBQs as a way to celebrate.
Especially families who have those they love in the military. At these parties, people get together and dedicate some time to honor our fallen heroes.
They decorate with Red, White, & Blue, eat food, listen to music, and best of all: play games! These are just some of the things Americans do to pay homage to our fallen soldiers. We are all so grateful for what they have given us. Because of their sacrifice, we get to live long lives.
So it’s important to make the most of it. They would have wanted us to have fun, so let’s have the most fun-filled parties we possibly can! How do you achieve this, you may be wondering. Well, the answer is simple, with games!
There are so many fun games you can play to celebrate Memorial Day.
There are also many games that you can simply print out at home. This saves you time and money, you can’t go wrong.
To help save you even more time, I’ve put together a list of the most fun Memorial Day Games for you to check out. I separated them into different sections including trivia games, kids games, free games, and bundles.
There is definitely something in here for your party.
I have so many fond memories of celebrating memorial day with my family when I was growing up. We would always host the biggest BBQ Bash. All of my neighborhood would come, or at least it felt like that when I was small. Everything would be red, white, and blue, including the dessert.
We had music and dancing, and my favorite part: the games. We had SO MANY OF THEM. I’ve included some of my favorites in the list below, for nostalgias sake if nothing else. Check them out!
Memorial Day Games
This first list is a mixture of many different kinds of games to give you a good idea of what is out there. When choosing what games to play you need to think about your guests, aka the people that are going to be playing them. If you have a party filled with mainly kids, then perhaps an intense word scrambler is not the game for you.
If your party consists of mainly adults, pick some of the more challenging games.
Many of these can be played(and enjoyed) by both groups equally, so if you have a healthy mix of both at your party do not worry!
1. Ice Breaker Bingo Card
2. Memorial Day Word Puzzle
3. Emoji Pictionary
4. Word Scrambler
6.Word Search Puzzle
7. Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
8. Word Search
9. What’s In Your iPhone?
10. Patriotic Feud
Memorial Day Games for Kids
This next section is for the kiddos. There are so many fun games to help the kids get in the memorial day spirit!
From scavenger hunts to the fun I Spy challenges, there are games to make everyone happy.
Each game is super patriotic and right on theme with the day.
11. Finish the Phrase
12. Scattergories for Kids
13. Photo Scavenger Hunt
14. Find the Guest Bingo
15. This or That
16. Word Scramble Quiz
17. Finish the Phrase
18. Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
19. I Spy
20. Riddle Me This
Memorial Day Trivia Game
Trivia games are more geared toward older kids and adults.
These ones help to bring focus on what the day is really about, as well as open up a discussion about this great country. Check them out!
21. Trivia for Kids & Adults
22. U.S Military Game
23.Quiz with Answers
24. Patriotic Printable Quiz
25. Memorial Day Trivia
26. Simple Quiz with Answer Key
27. Quiz with Answers
Free Printable Games For Kids
Throwing a party can be expensive, so for those of you looking to save a few bucks, this list is for you.
These are some of the best free printable games you can find that is Memorial day themed.
All you have to do is download the PDF and print out as many copies as you need, and that’s it! I love it when things are simple, don’t you?
28.Word Scrambled Puzzle
29. Word Search
30. Matching Game
31. Patriotic Movie Emoji Pictionary
32. Color By Number
Memorial Day Game Bundle
Having just one Memorial Day game at your party would be like only having one bag of chips, there just isn’t enough to go around!
Picking a bunch of different games can be a bit of a hassle, so to help save you time I found some game bundles online. Have a look!
33. 10 Game Bundle
34. 5 Game Bundle
35. Bundle for kids & adults
36. Bundle with Red Poppies
37. Free Printable Packs
There you have it, Printable Memorial Day Games. I hope these got you excited about your memorial day celebration, as well as made your party planning a little simpler. After all, the real focus of the day should be on honoring those who have dedicated their lives to our country.
May they rest in peace. We’re to enjoy ourselves today because of them, so let’s have the most fun we can!
More Party Ideas You’ll Love
- THE BEST SUMMER BBQ GAMES FOR ADULTS – Summer is right around the bend, the RIVER bend, depending on where you live. To me, summer is so many things. It’s a time for sleeping in, relaxing, and spending time with family. The days are warmer, longer, and just simply better. A staple of summer living is, of course, BBQs! If you don’t have at least a handful of them during the summer months then you are doing it all wrong. Besides the food, the best part of a good BBQ is the games. All of the most elite BBQs have them after all. So if you are throwing a BBQ of your own, you have to check out this master list of the Best Summer BBQ Games…for adults. These are for those of you with no kids. Nothing wrong with some good old adult party game fun! Check them out.
- 19 OUTDOOR PARTY GAMES EVERYONE WILL GET HOT OVER – With everything heating up, it’s time to get off of the couch and start moving. I love a good tv show binger as much as the next person, but there is a time and place for everything, and those summer months require some much needed outdoor fun. What is the best way to have some fun while outside? Do you even NEED to ask? It’s games of course! Throwing a Game Party with all of your closest friends and family is a wonderful way to make memories outside and to get your blood flowing. I’ve created a list of 19 outdoor party games that people will get hot over. Take a look.
- OUR FAVORITE GIANT BOARD GAMES – Board Games are inherently great, this is a fact. They have been the catalyst to so many awesome family nights and childhood memories that it’s hard not to love and appreciate them. They are a timeless form of entertainment that not even my Gran can ignore. So how to make these games EVEN better? It seems impossible, I know. But hear me out….make them GIANT! Here is a list of the best giant board games that will leave you anything but. Get it? Like you won’t be bored? Okay sorry, I’m done.