Inside : Best 11 Dot Game Printables
Dot game printables are a great activity for all age groups!
Focusing on motor skills, hand-eye coordination and problem solving, dot games are a fun way to spend some time alone, or with friends and family!
There are a variety of dot game printables available online. We’ve collected some of our favorites to share with you. This set includes dot-to-dot puzzles, dot pictures, word search puzzles, mazes, connect the dots puzzles and more which are fun and educational. There are also a variety of ways to play dot games, and they can be adapted for any age group.
Dot games date back to the early 20th century and were particularly popular in the 1940’s among adults. A game of dots is thought to have inspired the first computer game developed by Arthur Samuel in 1952, which was a computer simulation of tic-tac-toe.
Interesting Dot Game Printables For Kids
For many decades, children have enjoyed dot games, an activity in which the youngster is given a certain number of dots and a pen or pencil, and asked to join them with a line. These games have been used by parents and teachers for generations as a way to teach basic concepts such as shape, color, and directionality.
Even the simplest connect the dots printables can be fun and engaging. This list focuses on dot games that are friendly for kids or even those who have just discovered the fun world of connect the dots printables!
- Connect the Dots: As the name implies, simply connect the dots in order to create a picture. You can even create your own pattern or printable, just use a pencil so you can erase if needed. You can also increase the complexity of this game by adding in numbers to make a math dot-to-dot, which makes it extra fun for older kids.
- Spot and Dot: Spot and dot is an exciting game that requires kids’ full attention and quick hand-eye coordination skills. Use a timer to make the game more exciting. The kids can beat their own time record as a challenge.
- Dot Marker Mystery Pictures: Children of all ages enjoy dot mystery pictures. This is a fantastic way to teach the alphabet and different everyday objects for the kids to memorize and remember. For older age groups, they can do the game first, then you can have them create their own mystery pictures on a blank piece of paper or board.
- Do-a-Dot Shapes: Another great way for children to learn their shapes is by playing dot games. Use different colors to build creativity in your kids. Instruct them to use a specific color or pattern while dotting the shapes.
More Educational Dot Game Printables
Educational dot game printables are a great way to help kids learn their colors, shapes, and numbers in a fun and engaging way. These printables are perfect for young children who are just learning to read and write.
- Alphabet Do-a-Dot: Are you looking for a fun way to practice your kids’ alphabet? Try this dot game printable! Kids will be excited dotting all the uppercase and lowercase alphabet letters. You can also sing the alphabet song or the letter sound song while doing this.
- Do-a-Dot Numbers: Connecting numbers is a great way to learn how to count and do basic math skills. Print out a list of numbers and have children connect them in order. You can even make it more challenging by having them connect the numbers in order or adding a time element to it, such as one minute to connect all the numbers 1-100.
- Traceable Alphabets: Handwriting practice is always useful but can be hard for many children to do on paper, especially if they are just learning how to write or have poor fine motor skills. Instead, you can print out dot game printables that require them to connect the dots to form the alphabets.
- Dab a Dot CVC: Reading is an essential skill that kids can master without it being a chore, and dot games are an engaging way for them to build their interest in reading. Try this activity, which also infrequently involves rhyming words.
Fun Connect the Dots Printables For Adults
Dots game printables are not only for kids, but also for adults who want to fill in some of their spare time or wind down from a long workday. Yes, these games are extremely therapeutic!
From the list below, choose your favorite or try out a few and see which ones you and your friends enjoy the most. Some of these are also a great gift idea!
- Hard Dot To Dots: Expect connecting more than a hundred dots, but the results will be worthy of your hard work and dedication. I suggest that you pick a printable that you really like to do in order for you to have extra motivation to finish it.
- Word Searches: Sometimes our minds get a little rusty and we forget some of the vocabulary we’ve learned from school! Word searches are a perfect workout to remember words we used to know very well! You can use dots to cover the letters instead of doing a line.
- Maze: You might think that mazes are boring, but they can be more interesting with a challenge: instead of using lines to reach the end of the maze, you need to draw dots. The mazes here are not your simple mazes, and there’s a bit of difficulty that requires some time. You need a lot of patience and effort in accomplishing these intricately designed printables.
You can also draw your own dot games by using basic geometric shapes. For example, you could make a game where players have to connect dots in a specific order to create a picture. You can also come up with your own rules for the game, such as requiring players to use specific colors or limiting them to certain parts of the paper.
Connecting the dots can be a fun way to spend some time, especially if you’re looking for something that’s a bit more challenging than your average puzzle. Not only do these printables help improve your focus and attention span, but they’re also a great way to relieve some stress. So what are you waiting for? Try out one of the printables from the list above!
More Fun Game Ideas You’ll Love
- Favorite Free Printable Games for Kids – Games are even more fun when they come at no cost! Here are exciting printable games that won’t need a single penny. The list contains board games, word games, Christmas games, and many more for you to choose from.
- I Spy Game Printable Ideas – I Spy is one of the classic games that everyone plays to have a good time. Print these I Spy games and play it with your family and friends. Challenge one another, create a fun experience while playing, and find out who is the best spy among the group.
- 17 Sweet Candy Games For Parties – Kids definitely love sweets, while parents love it because it’s an affordable treat! Throw a party that would make you and the kids happy. A set of fun and exciting games awaits you. The kids “cane” do it!