Inside: Easy adult scavenger hunt ideas for a good time.
Okay, I don’t know about you, but I am so over this narrative of kids being the only ones who get to enjoy Scavenger hunts. I think adults need to get in on that action too!
Honestly, I think we would all be a little bit happier if we tried to do some of the activities that we enjoyed when we were kids. Because of this, I started thinking about ways that we can make scavenger hunts more on the theme for adults, and I found so many awesome ideas! I really think you are going to love these.
So if you are looking for something to do at your next party, Sunday Funday, or even a random afternoon, keep reading. There are so many amazing adult scavengers hunt ideas that are just waiting to be used! These kid-themed activities are so much fun; next thing you know you’ll be planning candy games for parties!
Fun Adult Scavenger Hunt Ideas
First, I wanted to show you what kinds of ideas you can use. The list below is full of some premade adult scavenger hunts that are guaranteed to be a fun time. If you want to keep it simple, you can just use one of the examples below. But if you want to save a few bucks, then continue reading; I will walk you through how to make your own.
1. Beer Crawl Hunt Idea – Yep, beer can absolutely be a part of an adult scavenger hunt. I feel like it’s implied with the word “Adult.”
2. Adult Night Out Hunt Idea – I think this hunt idea is super cute and lots of fun for those parents who need a night out with their kids.
3. 30th Birthday Scavenger Hunt Idea – What says 30 better than a scavenger hunt? I think you need to check out this idea because it is going to knock your socks off!
4. Ultimate Printable Hunt Idea – I love that these ideas are printable because they make everything SO EASY! You already have so much on your plate, I get not having the energy to go above and beyond to make your own hunt.
5. Cell Phone Scavenger Hunt – You can even go on something as simple as a cell phone scavenger hunt. Check out the example to learn what this is.
6. Photo Scavenger Hunt Idea – I love photo scavenger hunts. We always have our phones on us anyways; we might as well make a game out of taking photos.
7. Around Town Scavenger Hunt – This is a fun one if you want to get out and about.
8. Bachelorette Scavenger Hunt – I swear there is a scavenger hunt for any occasion. Here is another article about bachelorette scavenger hunt ideas!
9. Friends Themed Hunt Idea – If you love the TV show friends, then you will love this.
10. IKEA Scavenger Hunt Idea – And lastly, if you really have nothing going on on a Friday night then this should be up your ally.
How do you make a scavenger hunt with clues for adults?
Lovely Question; why don’t I answer it with a little DIY? It’s actually not as complicated as one might think to create a scavenger hunt. I know it sounds like a lot, with the planning and the hiding and the WRITING. But I promise you; this is not going to be as hard as you think it is. Let’s jump in, shall we?
Step One: Choose An Adult Scavenger Hunt Theme
This is probably going to be one of your most important steps. Picking a theme is crucial to how your hunt turns out. You need to decide what you want to be hunting, where you are going to find it, and what you will win when you do. The only way to figure these things out is by choosing a theme! Use the list above for inspiration.
Choosing a theme may be a hard step, but once you get over this hump, it’s smooth sailing. Remember that this whole process can be fun if you decide to make it that way. So take a deep breath and remember what it is all about!
Step Two: Choose A Place
Next up, you are going to have to pick a place. It’s simpler to have it somewhere that you know your clues won’t get messed with. But at the same time, going out in public can be such an adventure.
I would recommend getting out a map and using a marker to plan out where you want to go and which spots you are going to hide more clues in. This is for those of you choosing to leave the house, of course. Though I will say that mapping out your plan can be very helpful regardless because otherwise, you can lose your hints!
Step Three: Choose How Many Stops You Want
This is going to depend on how long you want your hunt to last. On average, I would say a good adult scavenger hunt can last anywhere from one hour to 3. Any more than that, and people can start to lose steam. Plus, that would take A LOT of planning. But if that’s what you want, more power to ya!
By choosing how many stops you want, you are also choosing how many hints you are going to need to include. So this will bleed into step number four!
Step Four: Be A Poet
This is perhaps one of the hardest parts. You have to write the riddles! Of course, you can get help online with this but I really don’t think that is necessary. Writing is not as hard as you may think. This is especially true if you already have your stops mapped out.
Are you sensing a method to my madness now? By mapping out your spots, you are going to be able to write down the proper hints/riddles that are going to be needed to get to the next one!
Step Five: Hide The Riddles/ Set Up
Now you are going to go around and set everything up. If you want to make this party go by quicker, I would recommend listening to an audiobook or podcast. If you are setting up in a public space, try your best to hide your riddles somewhere safe and secure. You don’t want the wind carrying it away or, worse…a rogue toddler.
Step Six: Have fun
Now all you have to do is chill out while your friend has fun with your scavenger hunt!
What did I tell you? Adult scavenger hunts are a blast, and they should be much more normalized than they currently are. I still think that if we all just allowed ourselves to let loose and be childish a little bit every day, the world would be a much better place.
You really can’t talk me out of my viewpoint. I know how hard day-to-day life can be in the adult world. Don’t we owe it to ourselves to let loose a little? I think we do! So in the spirit of that, I think you should start adding scavenger hunts into all of your favorite days. I mean, just look at this wedding scavenger hunt! How could anything be so much fun?
Scavenger hunts can just be a little way to give our thinking minds a break while we singularly focus on one super fun thing. Even if you don’t think you are stressed, I think you could benefit from this.