Inside: 18th birthday party ideas that are as unique as you are.
Turning 18 is a big deal. It’s a day that we often think of throughout our entire childhood. It feels like it’s so far away. Like it’ll never come…until it does. It’ll creep up on you and can take you by surprise, slow, and then all at once. When it does, it comes with a whole slew of new doors to open.
So of course, we must celebrate big before you walk through them. Adulthood can feel scary, but it’s really not as terrible as it may seem. You get to be independent, go to college, eat candy for breakfast…okay well come to find out that eating candy for breakfast isn’t all it was chalked up to be in our heads.
Adulthood makes you realize such things. Before all of this though, let’s throw one big Chabang that represents the end of a chapter. Here’s to your childhood!
Now, choosing what to do for your 18th can feel nearly impossible. You know it has to be good, like epically good. You know it has to feel like you.
That’s a pretty broad idea for a party, something epically you. But it’s totally doable.
To help you tunnel your way OUT of tunnel vision, I’ve created a list. Piqued your interest yet?
That’s right. I’ve created a list that will help you pick out the birthday party of your dreams. 53 of the best 18th birthday party ideas are all lined up to give you a good idea of all of the amazing choices you have. The party for you is sitting amongst them, a diamond in the rough.
You’ll never know until you take a look, so get to looking!
18th Birthday Party Ideas for Guys
This first list is for the guys(don’t worry ladies, you’re next). We’ve included everything from camping to visiting a break room. Wait…you’ve never heard of a break room? Let me explain.
Break rooms are places you go to well, break stuff. Things like old TVs, plates, anything you can think of.
It’s a fun way to blow off steam in a way that isn’t a part of the societal norms. It’s unique! Take a look at all of the options below.
1. Camping Trip
2. Basketball Tickets
3. Olympics Theme
4. Video Game Party
6. Road Trip
7. Go Cart Racing
9. Break Room
10. Day of Hiking
11. Pool Party
18th Birthday Parties for the Girls
You know what they say, girls just want to have fun. And with this list, they definitely will! My personal favorite is the Picnic, but feel free to mix and match. Perhaps go to the spa and then visit an amusement park. 2 forms of decompression for the price of one birthday. Love it!
12. Spa Day
13. Beach Party
15. Elegant Dinner
16. Ballroom Party
17. Get a Tattoo
18. Outdoor Movie Night
19. Amusement Park
20. 1980’s Theme
21. Roller Rink
22. Outdoor Picnic
25. Photoshoot Party
Simple 18th B-Day Party Ideas
Not everyone desires big blowout birthday parties, and that is totally understandable. If you are more of a fun night-in kind of person then I made this next list with you in mind. Take a look!
26. Classic Party
27. Movie Night
28. Karaoke Party
29. Polaroid Taking Party
30. Surprise Party
31. Pick As You Go – Have a bowl full of different tasks, such as makeover, or go see a movie. Pick one as you go and then when you’re done, pick another.
32. Ice Cream Social
33. Garden Party
34. Game Night
35. Painting Night
36. Baking Party
Unique 18th Birthday Party Ideas
These ones are more of a unique approach to the 18th birthday. They are a little more on the pricey side but hey, you’re only 18 once. Go big!
37. Trip To Europe – For those who can afford it, a trip to Europe is one of the most unique and cool birthday parties (or rather a birthday trip) that you can possibly have.
38. Scavenger Hunt – Scavenger hunts aren’t just for kids, they can be a great time for new adults as well.
39. Nostalgia Party – Growing old is exciting, but it can also go by so quickly. Filling your party with games, songs, and foods that were your favorite when you were a kid is a perfect theme for your 18th.
40. Walk Down Memory Lane – You’re 18 now, so it’s the most opportune time to reflect on your childhood. Have your parents pull out those home movies and photo albums.
41. Book an Air B&B
42. Craft Party
43. Ultimate Game Night
44. BYOM– Bring your own mocktail.
45. Adulting – Have an adulting-themed party. This can be achieved by having different sections that each cover a part of adulthood. For example, you can have a section dedicated to bills where you play different games that deal with money, like Monopoly.
46. High Tea
47. Backyard Camping
48. Drive-In Theater
18th Birthday Party Must-Haves
This last little list consists of the basics that every 18th birthday party should have. The last one is especially important.
49. Number Balloons
50. DIY Photo Backgrounds – Teens love themselves a good instagram background.
51. Birthday Banners
52. Mock tails – They can’t drink legally yet, so mock tails are the best way to make the occasion feel extra special.
53. Adulting Tips Jar – Keep this jar by the door and before the adults leave, have them write down a tip for adulthood. Put it in the jar and by the end of the party, the fresh 18-year-old will have all of the wisdom of the adults in their life.
I hope you found this article helpful and that you have found the party on this list that speaks to you. Thank you for reading, have fun and of course…Happy Birthday. Welcome to adulthood.
More Party Ideas You’ll Love
- BEST SUNFLOWER THEME PARTY PLANNING TIPS – Sunflowers are the favorite flower of millions of people around the world. Their beauty has been appreciated across time by artists and poets alike, and their popularity isn’t slowing down anytime soon. They make for a wonderful party theme with their unique color and symbolic meaning. That’s right. Did you know that a sunflower represents joy and happiness? Makes you fall in love with them all over again right? If you want to express this love in a fun and playful way, why not make your next party sunflower-themed? Check out this article for the tips and tricks to planning the perfect sunflower party!
- WHO KNOWS ME BEST (BIRTHDAY GIRL QUESTIONS) – When it comes to birthday parties there are so many fun games that you can incorporate to make it extra special. One of my favorites is the Who Knows Me Best Games. These are the perfect games to help show the birthday girl just how much they are loved and appreciated. Take a look at the list of the best who knows me best questions for birthday girls!
- 47 BACHELORETTE PARTY SCAVENGER HUNT IDEAS – Bachelorette parties hold some of the best memories. Perhaps it’s the quality girl time, the booze, or the phallic-themed straws, but something about them makes for an endless supply of laughs and good times. If you are looking to plan your own bachelorette party for yourself or someone you love then takes a look at this article. We made a list of 47 of the best bachelorette party scavenger hunt ideas for you to take a look at and incorporate into your bachelorette bash. Check them out here!