Inside: The most tantalizing truth or shot questions to play at your next game night.
There is really nothing like a good party game, and this one will take you and your guests right past the ice breakers and get right into the thick of it.
You’ve heard of the classic game truth or dare? Allow me to introduce you to its more intense, 21+ cousin: truth or shot. Basically, a group of friends or even just you and your partner, go back and forth asking each other deep, sometimes embarrassing, questions.
The person being asked the question has two options: answer it truthfully, or take a shot of alcohol.
As the game goes on, it gets more and more interesting because those who opted to take shots for the first couple of questions may have some loose lips later in the game, and decide to answer entirely truthfully.
Likewise, after a few drinks, it may be more difficult to ask hard hitting questions. That’s where we come in. We have compiled a list of the best truth or shot questions to play with! From innocent, funny questions to deeper, X-rated ones. Get pouring!
Truth or Drink Questions
These truth or shot questions will really get the party going! Make sure everyone has a full cup, a shot glass in front of them, and a bottle of alcohol nearby. Once everything is set up and everyone is settled in a circle, then you can break out some of these truth or shot questions.
Ask your friends silly questions to get started, and then slowly start putting them on the spot! This game thrives off awkward moments, so don’t hesitate to go there.
- Have you ever broken the law / got arrested? If yes, what’s the story?
- What’s the story of your most embarrassing moment?
- Who’s the most attractive person in this room?
- What does the last text in your phone say and who was it to?
- When was the last time you lied and what was it?
- Have you ever cheated in a relationship?
- What do you think is the biggest misconception about you?
- Have you ever been caught cheating in school?
- What is your biggest insecurity?
- Have you ever eaten your own boogers?
- What has been your most shallow reason for not going on a second date with someone?
- Have you ever gotten into a physical fight with someone? Tell us the story.
- What’s the biggest secret you kept from your parents growing up?
- Have you ever farted and then blamed it on someone else?
- Who is the last person you searched on Instagram?
- Have you ever peed your pants from laughing so hard?
- Have you kissed anyone in this room?
Truth or Drink Couples Questions
The perfect questions to place a couple’s version of truth or drink! Get to know your partner more by asking any of these. But remember, these questions are strictly for a fun game that will give you more insight into who your partner is, not to start any drama! So don’t ask any questions you do not want to know the answer to. Also, keep in mind that the options are truth or shot, but taking a shot kind of admits to a level of guilt, so if you’re playing with your partner, I would suggest to be totally honest.
This game is so much fun on a quiet night in with your beau, and can really spice things up if you want to take it to the next level.
- What do you like most about me?
- What was your worst break up?
- Tell me about the worst date you’ve ever been on.
- Who was your first love?
- What do you think has changed since we first started dating?
- What is your least favorite part about family gatherings?
- Have you ever been caught by your parents?
- Have you ever read my texts over my shoulder?
- Do you secretly want the password to my phone?
- What’s your most “embarrassing” fantasy?
- Are you still friends with any of your exes?
- What is your favorite part of my body?
- What about me annoys you the most?
- Do you like my cooking?
- When did you lose your V-card?
- If someone offered you a million dollars to leave me tonight, would you take it?
When playing with your friends, nothing is off limits. Ask them about that moment in their life they would normally be too shy to talk about, or ask them a question so hard hitting, they have no option but to throw back a shot.
As the game goes on, and drinks are drunk, the more fun and risk there will be. People tend to loosen up after a few and when that happens, they are more likely to tell the honest truth than think about opting out by taking a shot! That’s when things really start to get fun.
- Have you ever flirted your way out of a ticket?
- Do you hold your nose when jumping into a pool?
- Rank your exes, or people you’ve hooked up with, in terms of looks.
- Would you rather date someone who is hot or who is rich?
- Tell us the last sexy dream you had that you remember, and don’t leave out any details!
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done on a date?
- Have you ever given a lap dance?
- Who was your first childhood celebrity crush?
- Who is the most annoying person that you work with? Why?
- If you were invisible for one day, what would you do?
- Are you a member of the mile high club?
- What is the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Have you ever been fired from a job or position?
- Tell us the story about the drunkest you’ve ever been.
- What is the longest amount of time you’ve gone without showering?
- What is something that seems like common knowledge, but you didn’t know until way later in your life?
- Have you ever shoplifted?
More Fun Game Ideas You’ll Love
- 35 Funny Inappropriate Party Games – There is honestly nothing funnier than asking a totally out of left field, inappropriate question and watching everyone turn bright red. These party games will make your next gathering a blast, and you’ll get to learn a lot more about your guests and friends! After a few drinks, I’m sure everyone will be willing to play and fun will be had all night long.
- 21 Hilarious Beer Olympic Games – Grab a group of your pals and host a beer olympics! This is such a fun weekend activity that will allow everyone to have a ton of fun all day and probably all night! All you need is some space, a table or two, ping pong balls and, oh yea, a LOT of beer. Not only are beer olympics a great way to bond with your buddies through some friendly competition, but the winner gets bragging rights until the next one is held!
- 25+ Hilarious Cocktail Party Games – How many times have you been to a cocktail party and it’s the same, mundane, small talk? Not anymore! Include these games at your next cocktail gathering to really amp up the fun. Plenty of games in this list work perfectly for cocktail parties because they are great ice breakers! After a few cocktails, everyone will be laughing and bonding in no time, making your cocktail party the best one yet.