Inside: The best housewarming party themes and ideas.
So… you bought a new house, CONGRATS!
This is such a huge step and an awesome feat that you have been able to accomplish…so take a second to give yourself a pat on the back. Okay, now that that is over with, let’s get into the fun stuff: Throwing a housewarming party!
Throwing a housewarming party is a right of passage. After you get your house set up, you get to invite people over to enjoy your new space with you. There are many ways that you can do this, and it can be a lot to decide.
So to make it easy for you today, I have compiled some of my favorite housewarming party themes that I have ever thrown/attended.
I also cover some great food and decoration options for you to include. This is basically a one-stop shop for everything involving housewarming ideas. You are welcome in advance. So take a look at these ideas and think about which ones you like the most.
Housewarming Party Themes
1. Garden Party – This is one of my all-time favorite housewarming party themes. So you have everyone come over, and the idea is that each of your friends plants something in your garden. Then you have something to cultivate and care for that was planted by someone you love. It’s like they get to be a part of your home.
2. Crafting Party – By crafting, I mean furniture. This is a good housewarming party that you only invite your closest friends to, because when they show up you let them know that they will be helping you put your house together. Putting together TV stands and bed frames will go by much quicker with some drinks and some friends.
3. Block Party – If you want to get to know your neighbors, then host a block party! This is a wonderful way to break the ice with the people who are living around you. Who knows, they may become some of your best friends.
4. Karaoke – If you are looking to stay away from making friends with your neighbors…this is the way to go. But karaoke is so much fun; who can resist? I know I can’t. My go-to is Adele because I love to punish the ones I love.
5. Backyard Luau – This is a popular theme for a housewarming party because it is just so much fun. Not only are there colorful shirts and good food…but there are tiki torches. I LOVE tiki torches. I have no idea why; I just love them.
6. Murder Mystery – A good murder mystery is something that can never steer you wrong. It makes it better that your home will be a new place for your loved ones because it just adds to the effect.
7. Movie Night – If you like things to be a little more low-key, then hosting a movie night is a good route to take. It allows your closest friends and family to come over and get to know your new space without the added pressure of a big party.
8. Raise the Roof – If you like big parties, then through this kind of a blowout. You will need lots of drinks, lots of tunes, and lots of good attitudes.
9. We Did It! – Host a party where you take a walk down memory lane and see how far you have come. From renting to owning…it is quite a journey.
10. Classic Party – And lastly, we have a classic party. I had to add this one because you can’t really ever go wrong with it. Is it less fun than having a theme? Maybe a little. But there is less stress, and I am here for that too.
Cute Decorations for a Housewarming Party
Decorating your house for a housewarming party can be so hard. But since you have already looked at the housewarming party themes, I figured this would be an obvious next step. You want to keep it simple to showcase the house but still make it feel like a party is being thrown.
Otherwise, people won’t be able to see your house in its natural state, but without them, it will feel more like a hangout than a party. Take a look for ideas!
11. Welcome to Our Home Sign
12. Housewarming Twirly Decorations
13. Wish Jar Kit
14. New Home, New Chapter
15. Colorful Burlap Triangles
16. Cute Cupcake Toppers
17. 1st Time Home Owner
18. New Home Napkins
19. Rose Gold Party Plates
20. Green Balloon Arch
21. Gold Balloon Champagne Art
22. Gold Glitter Garland
23. Matching Table Cloth
24. Rose Gold Garland
25. Tissue Party Decoration
Food To Serve at a Housewarming Party
Food is a very important part of any housewarming party. You want your home to smell comforting and lived in(even though it is new to you), and having some yummy food smells wafting around is a great way to do that. Plus, good food is never a bad thing.
It can turn even the grumpiest of frowns into smiles, so if you have a mean uncle who is revolted by all of your success… just shove one of these foods into his hands, and you will be all good.
26. Pasta Fried Tortellini Bite
27. Meatball Bites
28. Pretzel and Cheese
29. 7 Layer Bean Dip
30. Burger Charcuterie Board
31. Everything But the Bagel Weenies
32. Homemade Pizza Pocket
33. Lime Spinach Cup
34. Broccoli Cheddar Soup
35. Reese’s Peanut Butter Ball
36. Pinwheel Skewers
37. Taco Bites
38. Banana Bites
39. Carrot Cake Truffles
40. Apple Pie Tacos
41. Crock-Pot Smokies
42. Artichoke Dip
43. Perfect Cucumber Sammys
Games to Play at a Housewarming
Games are also an important part of any housewarming party. You need to give your guests something to do together, and this list below is some of the best ideas out there. I have added a good mixture of affordable games and ones that you may want to invest in.
Because if you have just boughten a house, it can never hurt to have some great party games on hand. Check these out!
44. Housewarming Music Game
45. This or That Game
46. New Homeowner Bingo
47. House Hunt Printed Game
48. Find the Guest Game
49. Word Scramble
50. Yard Pong
51. Ping Pong
52. Kitchen Table Ping Pong
53. Ring Toss Game
54. Darts and Indoor Games
55. Indoor Bowling
56. Drop Cup
57. Who Knows Us Best
58. Gold and White Paper Game
59. Who’s Most Likely To…
60. Pick Your Poison
61. Minute to Win It Games
So, once again, I wanted to extend my formal congratulations to you. You are officially a homeowner, and although that comes with its own handful of stressors, it also comes with a certain amount of freedom. You no longer have a landlord to live under; you get to decide what colors the walls are if you want animals…and if you want to smoke indoors (this is never a good idea, but hey, more power to ya).
Enjoy yourself at your housewarming party because it really is just one big way to celebrate this accomplishment.
I hope you loved all of these housewarming party themes and the other ideas as well. It makes me happy to be able to extend some help in the form of ideas because I have a lot of them.