Inside: The BEST Saran Wrap Ball Game EVER with Step-By-Step Instructions.
Okay, okay, I know we have probably said this a million times, but this game is HANDS. DOWN. our favorite game EVER! We have played this game at possibly every function with a group of people ever. From Christmas, Girl Scout Meetings, to Sunday School, this game is perfect to play anywhere, anytime, any day.
If I haven’t already won you over with my undeniable passion for this game, did I mention EVERYONE wins prizes? Yeah, everyone.
This saran wrap ball game is a game that just gives and gives and gives.
Wrapped candy, cash, and crazy collections each player compete to find the middle of the ball before the rest. Check out how to play this one of a kind game and see all the possibilities of prizes we love most.
How to Play the Saran Wrap Ball Game
Here is our favorite version of the saran wrap ball game rules. There are a few other variations depending on the age or theme, but these rules hold true to the best version of the game!
- To play the saran wrap ball game you’ll need your completed saran wrap ball, a pair of dice, and a pie plate or bowl. Begin by sitting everyone in a circle and giving one person the saran wrap ball and the person to their left the bowl/pie plate and dice.
- To play you must keep the ball on your lap at all times and unwrap it as fast as you can while the person to your left keeps rolling the dice until they get doubles. Once they roll doubles the dice will pass to the person on their left and the saran wrap ball will pass to the dice roller. Once the person to their left rolls doubles the ball gets passed again.
- Keep unwrapping the saran wrap ball as fast as possible the entire time the person is rolling, until they roll doubles. You get to keep any prizes you unwrap. The ball must stay on their lap as we discovered that without this rule someone can easily set it on the floor and unroll it in no time.
HOW LONG DOES THE SARAN WRAP GAME LAST?
The saran wrap game is usually over in under 10 minutes. The amount of time will vary depending on the age of the people playing, how big your saran wrap ball is, and how difficult you made your ball to unwrap.
How to Make Saran Wrap Ball Game?
Other than playing this fun game coming up with what to put in the saran wrap ball game is my favorite part. Since I am usually the one creating the plastic wrap ball game, I get the fun task of shopping and coming up with ideas to fill the ball.
- First, you will want to come up with a bunch of fun prize ideas to fill your ball with. We have listed the best ideas for kids and adults below.
- Second, get a BUNCH of saran wrap. Depending on how big you want your ball to be I like to start with 2 rolls.
- It is always fun to put a “grand prize” in the middle. That can be a larger dollar bill amount or maybe a bigger prize. But you will want to use that as your starting point. So start by wrapping your saran wrap around that item.
- Tightly wrap the plastic around a few times and then add a small prize randomly in between wraps. I like to add a gift or two every few wraps.
- Make sure to space out the prizes and keep the plastic wrap tight for a challenging experience.
- Once you are done stick the end to its self and you are ready to play!
Saran Wrap Ball Game Gift Prize Ideas for Kids
- card games
- cash (for kids I use smaller bills)
- craft items
- mini candy bars
- bouncing balls
- tiny hands
- lego men
- toy cars
- tiny squishes
The possibilities are truly endless, which is what makes this game so fun. As long as its tiny and semi-flat, then it should work perfectly for this saran wrap Christmas game.
Saran Wrap Ball Game Gift Prize Ideas for Adults
- gift cards
- card games
- drinks/alcohol mini bottles
- gifts of all the same color
- craft items
- lottery tickets
- cooking items
- office supplies
Adults are a little more difficult but still fun. Honestly, if there is cash, alcohol, or candy then most everyone will be clawing their way to get as many prizes as they can.
Here is a Twist
If you like throwing a twist on the game here are a few of our favorite ways to make the game just a little more difficult or interesting!
- The “unwrapper” has to wear oven mitts. Ha! This one is hilarious and frustrating for sure, but a fun way to make the game last a little longer.
- Add “coal cards” this is a printed card that if someone unwraps it they get a penalty such as, missing a turn or passing the ball right away.
- To make the game a little easier for the younger kiddos, instead of rolling a double on the dice they can unwrap the saran wrap ball at a certain time. Set the timer and they can unwrap until it goes off.
More Fun Holiday Game Ideas You’ll Love
- Gift Exchange Christmas Game – Christmas time is the best time to have parties and game nights! There is something so much more fun about a party during Christmas time! One of my favorite games or activities is gift exchanges. This Christmas dice game is a fun twist on the traditional white elephant. You will have the best time ever with all your friends!
- Printable Christmas Games – Whether you’re going on a holiday road trip, hosting a fun Christmas Party, or prepping some fun activities for your class these printable Christmas games are the perfect way to add a little fun to the holiday season. One of my favorite games to always have on hand is quick printable games, they are great too keep in your back pocket and just printing off a few copies for everyone to play. Here are our favorite Christmas printable games, enjoy!
- Minute to Win It Holiday Games – Every year around Christmas we host a group of our closest friends and their kids, we laugh, eat great food, and play the best holiday games. One of my favorite games to play with groups of people is any Minute to Win It style game.