Inside: 15 Fun Pick A Number Game Ideas To Get To Know Each Other
If you’re active on social media, you’ve definitely seen at least one Pick A Number game before. They’re a super fun way to engage with your friends on Facebook, or they can be a great icebreaker at a party or gathering. They can be really simple or pretty complicated, and you’ll know the other person a whole lot better by the end of the game. And if you’re playing with friends that you already know, you’ll know each other even better than before!
There are Pick A Number games for strangers, best friends, new relationships, kids, you name it! And you can always swap out the questions with others that you come up with. It’s totally up to you!
Here are 15 Pick A Number Game Ideas for your next online post or party!
Pick A Number Game For New Friends or Strangers
Pick A Number games are a great way to get acquainted with someone that you don’t know very well. For this version of the game, you don’t want to ask anything too personal or embarrassing. Here are a few question guidelines that you can follow, and you can also see some examples here and here. These questions are also great for social media!
- Basic Questions: With these questions, you just want a basic overview of the person. What’s your name? Birthday? Age? Height? These are easy ones for anyone to answer, and a great way to start the conversation!
- Likes and Dislikes: These are also easy warm-up asks! What is your favorite color? Favorite animal? Favorite song, movie, and book- you get the idea. When you’re making a Pick A Number game for someone you’ve never met, it’s a good idea to include a bunch of easy, get-to-know-you options in this category.
- Friends and Family: For these questions, you’re getting an idea of their social and family life. How many siblings do you have? Who is your best friend? Or, if you want to go a little deeper: do you prefer to have a lot of friends, or just a few close friends? What is important to you in a friend?
- Future Goals: Look into your future with this category. What would be your ideal career? For younger players, you can ask: what college do you want to go to? What do you want to major in? Do you want to get married?
- Life Experiences: This is where things get more fun! Create sections like, what was the best vacation you’ve ever been on? What was the best meal you’ve ever had? Have fun with this one, and come up with some really thought-provoking and interesting asks!
Number Games for Friends
When you’re playing a Pick A Number game with friends or people that you already know pretty well, you can make your game really interesting! Come up with some unique questions that’ll tell you something new or funny about your friends.
- Relationships: Don’t get too embarrassing with questions about relationships! Keep things simple with asks like: Who was your best boyfriend/girlfriend? Who was your worst boyfriend/girlfriend? Are you single now?
- Personal Experiences: Go a little deeper than you would with a stranger or follower on social media. What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you? What is the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Habits: Write silly choices like, do you sing in the shower? Are you a saver or a spender? Are you messy or neat? And if you know your friends really well, you can ask questions with funny answers or that prompt an inside joke that everyone is in on.
- Self-Reflection: These kinds of Pick A Number questions are a bit more serious. What is something that is constantly on your mind? What are three things that really upset you? How are you feeling right now?
- Ask Me Anything: Leave a wild-card number! Your friends will definitely get creative and silly with their questions for each other. No questions are off-limits so get crazy and think outside the box on this one.
Pick a Number Games to Get to Know Your Date
Pick A Number games can also be really fun activities for first dates or hanging out with a love interest. Of course, you can modify your questions for that kind of environment and make sure you’re not asking anything too embarrassing! This category is similar to how you’ll make a Pick A Number game for strangers or new friends. It’s supposed to be fun and help you to get to know the other person!
- Relationship History: Include easy choices for this one, such as: are you single now? How old were you when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Don’t ask anything that might make them uncomfortable to answer.
- Likes and Dislikes: Make these questions more related to love and relationships, such as: what do you look for in a partner? What is your favorite hair color? Describe your perfect date?
- Hobbies: This is where you can get to know someone’s favorite things to do! Add questions to your game such as, do you like sports? Do you play any video games? Do you like to read, cook, or garden? Or just keep it simple and ask, what do you like to do in your free time?
- Fears and Dares: A fun category of questions to include in your Pick A Number game are about fears and “what ifs.” You can add choices like, do you have any phobias? Would you ever go skydiving? Think about your own fears to help you come up with ideas.
- Future Goals: This is a great category of questions to add to your Pick A Number game if you’re making it for a date, because you can learn a lot about the other person’s values and preferences. Write options such as, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you plan on getting married? Do you see yourself with a big family?
More Fun Game Ideas You’ll Love
- The Prettiest Flower Theme Party Ideas – We’re all about seasonal and themed parties at Fun Party Pop! If you’re putting together a gathering in the spring or summer, why not go with a flower theme? Fresh, floral, and festive, going with a flowery decor or theme for your get together is always a great idea. You can decorate with fake or real flowers, and use petals to adorn any surface. Check out our guide on how to put together a flower-themed party that no one will forget!
- Totally Fun Icebreaker Games for Teens – If you’re going to a party where you don’t know anyone, you’re bound to feel a little awkward. Get the ball rolling with a fun icebreaker game that’ll help you start a conversation while helping you get to know everyone! This is a great way to engage a shy group of teens.
- 257+ Printable Games – Games, games, games galore! Planning a party and at a loss for party games? Planning a small get together, but want to have activities on hand? We’ve got you covered! From kids to teens to adults, we have a game for every age and every occasion. You are all sure to have a blast playing! Check them out and start playing!