Inside: How to Play Minute to Win It Cookie Face.
“Minute to Win It” is a popular international game show franchise in which contestants take on a series of 60-second challenges using objects commonly found around the house. If they complete the challenge in a minute or less, they win a prize. Sounds easy, right? Well, sometimes, it’s not.
One of our favorite challenges is “Face the Cookie Game” it is a true test of balance and muscle coordination. You can play this one just about anywhere, with any group and any age/skill level. It’s the perfect party game for all occasions.
Plus it is great for any age of player, young to old it’s hilarious to watch.
The Goal of Cookie Face Minute to Win It
Move one to three cookies from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands.
Supplies You’ll Need
- A plate of cookies – We love playing Oreos
- A one-minute timer or stopwatch
“Face the Cookie” is extremely simple—at least in theory. Sit in a chair with a plate of cookies beside you. For the classic version of the game, use Oreo cookies. Lean your head back and place one cookie in the center of your forehead. When the one-minute timer begins, you must move the cookie from your forehead to your mouth using only your facial muscles and the forces of gravity.
On the television show, the game is played for a chance to win money. It starts out with a single cookie challenge and “Minute to Win It” for a low dollar amount on the money ladder. As the game progresses, the stakes are raised and contestants must successfully maneuver three cookies from forehead to mouth in the time allotted.
You can follow the same protocol if you’re playing this as a party game, but as a rule, it’s better to let younger kids play with one cookie per minute and let adults graduate to playing with three.
- Cookies must be placed in the middle of your forehead, not touching your eyebrows.
- You can tilt your head and move your face, but you cannot touch the cookie with your hands.
- The cookie must remain in contact with your face at all times, so you’re not allowed to attempt to flip it from your forehead and catch it in your mouth.
- If a cookie falls before reaching your mouth, you must start over with a fresh cookie.
- In order to complete the task and count toward a prize, the cookie must actually go in your mouth and be held securely by your lips and/or teeth.
Tips for How to Play Minute to Wint it Face the Cookie
- To provide stability, tilt your head in the opposite direction from the way you want the cookie to go.
- Use repetitive motions with your face muscles to slowly but steadily move the cookie along.
- When you get the cookie close to your mouth, slowly and gently tilt your head to get it to its final destination.
Holiday Remix Face the Cookie
This is probably the easiest game from the show to adapt for holiday and other themed parties. Use gingerbread cookies for Christmas, Halloween-shaped and decorated sugar cookies for that season, pink or blue cookies for a baby shower, cookies with frosting and sprinkles for birthdays, and so on.
Looking for Minute to Win It Challenges?
- Easy Minute to Win It Games – Here we are again with the perfect round-up for Minute to Win It Games. I think it’s safe to say that Minute to Win It is one of my favorite party games to play, they are fun, simple, and perfect for a good time! These easy Minute to Win It games are full of creative fun and are perfect for your next game night with friends or family.
- Minute to Win It Games for the Office – We can’t be all work and no play, every now and then we have to have a little fun at work. I love a good office party, there is something crazy about letting loose with the staff after a long week.
- Minute to Win It Games for Kids – I love a good game night, obviously! But we have really been into Minute to Win it style game lately. They are fun quick-paced and usually provide LOTS of laughs! These games keep everyone on their toes, and no one gets bored! I usually love playing these games with a large group. They are all easy to play, pretty inexpensive to prep and are SO much fun!