Inside: Wedding Table Games That Guests Will Love.
Add a little extra fun for your guests with totally fun wedding table games. This can be printable mad libs, scavenger hunts, or even classic board games.
The possibilities are really endless, by giving your guests the option of games you can guarantee them to have a blast all evening long. Check out our favorite wedding table games and let us know in the comments your favorite!
How to Get Tables Involved Wedding Games?
There are two ways to incorporate games at your wedding reception:
- Make them your centerpieces: Add a game or two to the center of your tables. They can add a fun pop of color and they are easy for guests to get to play.
- Create a Special Game Table: Maybe by the dessert table or photobooth, you can have a dozen or so board games for guests to grab and play.
Wedding Dinner Table Games
One of the more popular wedding table games, the I Spy Wedding Game is a win-win for guests and the newlywed couple. Similar to a scavenger hunt, this wedding games activity instructs guests to use their personal cameras or disposables provided by the couple to seek, find and snap pics of different moments from your memorable day. The guests have fun doing it, and you get to see events from the day you might’ve missed. Win-win! Below are a few pictures to include on the guests’ I Spy Wedding Game hunt:
- A group selfie
- A picture of the bride in her dress
- A funny face
- A kiss
- A sparkling drink
- A tasty treat
- An old-school dance move
- A person laughing
- A table clinking glasses
- A favorite decoration
DIY Tip: Print up cards to place at each guest’s seat or create a sign or chalkboard with the instructions. If you want your wedding photos shared on social media, include a hashtag so you can see all the fun from your wedding games.
Wedding Couple Mad Libs: Want marriage and love advice from your family and friends? Create a Mad Libs-style template for guests to fill out at their tables. This is one of the wedding games guests can do alone, or the whole table can get in on the fun, sharing their tips on how to keep the spark alive, where to go on “married dates,” and other words of wisdom.
Wedding Table Board Game Ideas
Take a playful—and colorful—approach to your centerpieces by using board games as mid-table eye candy. Dominoes, decks of cards, Trivial Pursuit, Life, and Yahtzee all make for crowd-pleasing wedding games guests can play.
Here are a Few More Ideas
Jenga: Add fun to a party by bringing out the Jenga game! This classic block stacking game is easy to learn.
Bride and Groom Games for Wedding Reception
I Dare You: Have a few wallflowers among your guests? Help them join in the fun by placing fun dare options on each table. Keep in mind who will be seated at each table when you prepare the dares. Ideas include: “kiss the person to either side of you,” “take a selfie with a funny face,” “bust a new move on the dance floor,” and “do a group shot at the bar.”
Bride and Groom Trivia: Let one lucky guest from each table make a play to take home the centerpiece or a prize. Create a list of trivia questions about the bride and groom for guests to answer. Have the DJ or a wedding party member read the answers. The person at each table with the most correct answers wins.
Couple’s Crossword: Another way to test your guests’ newlywed knowledge is to create a crossword puzzle entirely based on information about the bride and groom. Winners with the most correct answers for this wedding game don’t have to win anything beyond bragging rights.
More Fun Game Ideas You’ll Love
- 60 Wedding Shoe Game Questions + Printable – Wedding receptions are a great relief for everyone involved because they mean the most stressful part of the day is over and party time has begun! During this big celebration, games are often played in between cakes, refreshments, dancing, and fun. Wedding games are a fun way to celebrate the new couple and give the audience a few laughs, too! This simple and easy Wedding Shoe Game involves nothing more than the bride, the groom, and their shoes.
- Indoor Wedding Game Ideas – YOU’RE MARRIED! Now it’s really time to party! In addition to a delicious feast, flowing drinks, and a killer wedding playlist, some couples like to get the party started with wedding reception games. Some of our favorites include ice-breakers, to bride and groom trivia, or even an on theme pinata smash. No matter what, these totally fun indoor wedding games are perfect for your post-nuptial celebration.
- Outdoor Wedding Game Ideas – Looking to make your wedding reception a fun and festive affair your guests will never forget? In addition to a delicious feast, flowing drinks, and a killer wedding playlist. Some couples like to get the party started with wedding reception games, ice-breakers, and other interactive experiences. This might include everything from classic lawn games to bride and groom trivia, a photo scavenger hunt, a well-stocked photo booth.